'If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears.'
Booking Terms & Conditions
In the Terms & Conditions, the 'Company ' shall mean 'Vintage Destinations & Camps'.
The 'Client ' is the person who has signed up for a safari in one of our camps or on an organized tour with us - An offical waiver for release of liability will be signed by each client. The 'Agent ' shall mean the company 'Vintage Destinations & Camps' or a third party where the case arises.
There shall be no binding contract between the Company and the Client until the following three conditions are met:
1. The Company Waiver of Liability has been signed
2. The correct deposit has been received by Vintage Destinations
The terms and conditions have been confirmed by the client by the signing of the waiver for release of liability.
1. A deposit of 30% from each Client is required when wishing to confirm a booking and a 50% deposit on a personally tailored tour.
2. The full amount due by the Client to the Company, shall be payable not less than 60 days prior to the date of departure/start of services in the Companies account.
No Client will be permitted to commence any itinerary without payment in full being received by the Company. If the full amount is not received, the Company shall be entitled in its discretion to treat the reservation as cancelled, and consequently to forfeit such part of the advance payment as determined solely by the Company. Late applicants may join the tour based on accommodation availability & correct payment of funds.
4. Invoices in foreign currencies shall be paid by no later than the date specified on the original invoice. If payment is not made within this stipulated time period, the Client is obligated to request a new invoice as the due amount is subject to currency fluctuations. If a new invoice is not requested and the currency exchange rate has changed to Vintage Destinations & Camps disadvantage, a new invoice will be issued charging the difference to the Client/Agent.
5. There are no extra charges for clients making direct wire transfer payments. Any charge for the wire transfer of funds is at the clients cost.
1. Any cancellation of a booking by a Client or Agent, must be in writing and shall only be effective upon its acknowledged receipt by the Company. The date on which the Company receives the correspondence or a company recognized Agent, will determine the cancellation charge, if any.
2. Cancellation charges will be incurred as follows:
Written cancellation required:
• 90 plus days prior to safari start date – 50% refund of Total Safari - A consultation fee may be charged for personally tailored tours. USD500.00 would be a normal consultation fee for a personally tailored tour.
• 60 - 89 days - 25% refund of Total Safari
• Within 0 - 59 days prior to safari start date – no refund
Note - Special cancellation fees may apply for 3rd party bookings
Changes and Alterations
1. "Force Majeure" means, in relation to the Company, any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Company (including, but not limited to, acts of God, explosion, flood, fire, war or threat of war, sabotage, civil disturbance, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions or other unexpected occurrences).
2. The Company shall not be deemed to be in breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise be liable to the Client, by reason of delay in performance, or by non-performance, of any of its obligations hereunder to the extent that any such delay or non-performance is due to any Force Majeure.
3. If the Company is affected by Force Majeure it shall be entitled to, and may in its sole and absolute discretion, vary or cancel any itinerary or arrangement in relation to the tour or safari.
4. No refunds are given for circumstances arising beyond the Company's control, necessitating alternative arrangements being made to ensure the safety and/or further participation and enjoyment of the tour or safari.
5. In the unlikely event of a vehicle breakdown that is beyond the Company's control and immediate repair, the Company will arrange to have the spare part sent to the current location in the fastest possible time. The Company reserves the right to alter the itinerary accordingly in order to make up any time lost due to any unforeseen circumstances.
6. The company reserves the right to cancel the tour without prior notification and in such an event only agrees to refund all monies already paid and received from the Client.
1. Travel and cancellation insurance is mandatory for every Client. All insurance is solely the responsibility of the Client. Before a Client commences a tour, he/she should arrange his/her own insurance with protection for the full duration of the travel, to cover personal injury, medical expenses, repatriation expenses and loss of luggage. If a Client falls ill, all hospital expenses, medical expenses, doctor's fees and repatriation costs are the Client's responsibility and the Company shall not be liable for any refund of the tour rate whatsoever.
2. The carriage and storage of all baggage and personal effects are at all times the Client's risk and the Company will not accept any liability for any loss or damage of baggage or personal effects.
The Client hereby acknowledges, confirms and records that he/she understands the risk inherent in adventure travel in African destinations and associated activities. The Client is accepted onto the tour and undertakes to do the tour, travel or activity at his/her own risk. The client agrees and concedes that the Company, its representatives and employees shall not be responsible for loss or damage to possessions, or injury or illness to the client or loss of life or consequential damages which might occur from any cause whatsoever, unless directly caused by the Company's negligence.
The client shall acknowledge an awareness of the proposed itinerary and shall confirm that he or she is medically fit, in good physical and mental health and is able to embark on the tour. Any client with a pre-existing medical condition or illness must declare the true nature of such a condition to the Company before the commencement of the tour. Any failure to declare may result in the cancellation of his/her booking with no refund.
Claims and Complaints
In the unlikely event that the client has a complaint against the company, the Company must be informed immediately, in order that an opportunity is afforded to the company to investigate the situation and provide redress. If the client has any further complaints, these must be lodged in writing to the Company within 1 month of the tour end date. If these procedures are not followed, the Company will not start or continue any such investigation of said complaint.
Company Responsibility and Rights
The information in any brochure and printed itineraries is given in good faith by the Company, and is based on the latest information available to the Company. Printed itineraries serve as a guideline only. The company reserves the right to change the facilities or transport described in any publication without being liable for any compensation or refund.
The Company Authority
Any decision made by the tour guide, acting as a Company representative, shall be deemed final on all matters. The company shall not be responsible or liable for any client who commits an illegal or unlawful act in any country visited, or the consequences of such an illegal act. The client may in such circumstances be excluded from the tour without a refund, at the sole discretion of the Company or Company representative. If the Company considers a client unsuitable for a tour (due to mental or physical illness or implied danger to any other Client or Company representative) it may at its sole discretion decline to carry the Client further. If a Client causes severe inconvenience or annoyance to other Clients, the Company may decline to carry the client further, without any refund whatsoever. This will only occur after extensive intervention by the tour guide or Company representative.
1. It is the Client's sole responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, travel permits and inoculations required for the tour, are obtained well in advance and are in order in terms of all the countries to be visited. It is the Client's responsibility to meet any additional costs incurred either by the Client (or by the Company on the Client's behalf) as a result of any failure by the Client to comply with such requirements. The Company may not be held liable for any failure on the part of a client to be in possession of the correct travel documentation.
2. The onus is on the Client concerned to fully acquaint themselves with the Terms and Conditions set herein and all matters such as visas, required documentation, payment schedules and cancellation policies.
Baggage is strictly limited to one large bag, weighing a maximum of 20 kg. Also allowed will be a smaller hand-luggage bag or camera bag per Client. These restrictions are essential because of the nature of tours. Because overloaded vehicles are inherently dangerous and cause unnecessary transport problems, potentially endangering Clients and Company representatives, the Company insists that every Client adhere to these luggage restrictions.
Booking on scheduled departures
Our group size usually varies between 2 and 12 maximum. By traveling in small groups, the advantages are that campsites and/or lodges are not invaded and time is not wasted in trying to assemble and control large groups of people. It also enables the Company to offer a far more personal service. Our safaris are usually made up of individuals, couples and sometimes groups of friends aged between 18 and 65 years. There is no age limit on any tour except walking tours and or special cases noted in any itinerary but an Indemnity form must be completed by a parent or guardian for those under 21 years of age and for those over 65 years of age we require a Doctors note of good health. This is done to ensure your own safety and for consideration of all other guests. Please understand the sentiments in these requirements.
Vintage Safaris & Camps vehicles comprise of fully equipped Toyota Land cruiser 4x4's. Depending on the tour itinerary we may use mini-buses to transport guests from airports and to places not requiring the Land Cruiser. Each tour will describe which vehicle will be utilized.
The degree of satisfaction and enjoyment you feel at the end of each day and at the end of the trip will depend on you and your capacity to enjoy yourself. This capacity, combined with an active and enquiring mind and a willingness to participate, is essential for all tours. The Company will work with you while your choosing your tour to make sure you are choosing a tour that reflects your wishes for the amount of participation you desire - it is the sole responsibility of the client to know what is expected of them. A degree of flexibility is essential because of the mere nature of the parameters in which we have to operate in Africa.
For Camping safaris, the Company makes use of dome tents sized for 2 people. Thick foam sleeping mattresses are provided for these camping safaris. Other accommodation utilized includes bungalows, rondavels, log cabins, lodges, hotels and tented safari camps, for days where accommodation is specified in the itinerary. In our own Camps we provide carefully chosen mattresses and fabrics to ensure your comfort is at it's best.
Prices and Local Payment
We endeavour to ensure that every Client is fully aware of all costs involved on each trip. The costs on some tours are divided into two payments. The first amount is paid directly to Vintage Safaris & Camps and then the local payment must be paid directly to your tour guide in cash in the currency specified on the itinerary. The local payment covers day-to-day group expenses like food, entry fees, local guides etc. Our price, in conjunction with the local payment, includes accommodation, transport on the tour, meals and activities as per itinerary, camping equipment (except sleeping bags), permits, entry fees and a trained and qualified tour guide.
Thank you for your attention.